Meet the Trainer
Hi, I'm Aileen Hodgson and I’m the director and trainer at K9-Kind Limited. I'm also dog guardian to Pippa my little lurcher pictured below, and wife to my long suffering husband Michael, who also helps out at classes.
What you should know about me
I'm an accredited trainer with the Professional Association of Canine Trainers (PACT) and the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT Memb. 01410) and also a member of the Pets Professional Guild (PPG). This means that you can have confidence in using my services knowing that;
- I have been assessed on both knowledge and practical skills
- I continue to study and keep up to date with the ever-changing science of dog training and dog behaviour
- I will only use ethical training methods and;
- I will never do anything to deliberately hurt, harm, scare or intimidate your dog.
My aim as a trainer is to help owners understand their dogs and help them communicate better. Every dog and owner is different but together we'll figure out what you need from your dog, in order for them to fit in with your life, whilst also taking into account their needs as a dog. Having a dog in your life should bring you joy, not stress.
What I WILL do
- Listen carefully to understand the problems you’re dealing with
- Provide real-life training solutions for problems you’re dealing with
- Teach you how to communicate effectively with your puppy or dog
- Make training fun and enjoyable
What I WON'T do
- I won’t judge your or make you feel bad or like you have failed in some way
- I won't shout at your dog, use physical force or intimidation in order to stop or reduce a behaviour
- Use any equipment that involves pain, force, fear
Other things you should know
Payment for services is payable in advance. Our full terms of business can be found by clicking on the link at the foot of this website.
If you chose to engage our services you will be asked to refrain from using equipment considered as aversive or inappropriate such as, but not limited to; Prong Collars, Spray Collars, Shock Collars and Choke Chains. Failure to adhere to this request will result in the termination of services.